Welcome to the art contest for next year! As you may know, our next theme is Sports! We pick our artist by the submissions that our attendees draw each and every year. Our staff will judge each submission and pick from the best one (or the one we feel fits the theme and we would like to work with the most).
What you will get when you win the art contest:
- Guest of Honor perks. This will include free hotel, free admission, and free travel to the convention.
- The artist will also have their own Artist Alley table. They will be able to promote themselves and sell their work.
- If we like you a lot, we may call you back in the future for future projects.
We do have some instructions about the art contest that we would like to let you know before you continue:
- We are looking for digital submissions only. The better the quality, the more likely we will pick you. Please remember that all of these entries will be on our website, social media, badges, signage, and etc. With this being said, we will not be accepting art that traditional in nature (colored pencil, crayon, paint, etc.). All work must be in color.
- You must be able to work within a hard deadline. We are ending our contest on October 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM. This means all submissions are DUE by October 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM. We will NOT be accepting any submissions on October 5, 2015.
- Stick within the theme! We are currently going to give you FIVE characters that you may choose to draw at this time! These characters are Jaxen (Basketball), Ren (Soccer), AJ (Baseball), Miranda (Swimming), and Stone (Boxing).
- Accepting this job means that all mascot art will belong to Hoshicon for the 2016 year for promotional and merchandise use. All other art that is not Hoshicon related will belong to said artist, but may be used on our webpage to promote our 2016 artist. This art will not be resold per Hoshicon. By electronically signing this document at the end, you agree to all policies, procedures, and time stipulations set by Hoshicon and its staff for 2016.
- Also accepting this job will mean that you will be drawing for the convention. We do have things we need and want you to draw so this must be a priority.
- Pasts artists for the convention MAY compete.
We will display all entrants on our website as soon as the contest is over and that our convention staff has picked a winner.
Thank you so much! We hope you consider entering!
To leave feedback for our event, please use this form here.